American Spies and Other Homegrown Fables
- National Queer Theater:28 Oct. 2018“ Sam's writing is pure magic. Tackling a difficult subject, he breaks apart his prose with a unique brand of magical realism, weaving Japanese anime into a queer take on the Japanese-American experience in WWII. Take note, Sam Hamashima is a young playwright to watch! We produced a reading of American Spies last month and our audience went crazy for Sam's words and nonstop creativity. ”
- Natsuko,Japanese AmericanCis femaleMother. Japanese American. Issei
- Tamihei,Japanese AmericanCis maleFather. Japanese American. Issei
- GeorgeMiddle School-High School,,Japanese AmericanCis maleSon. Japanese American. Nissei
- Paper CraneJapanese AmericanSpirit of Wisdom. Japanese American
- Maneki NekoJapanese AmericanSpirit of Luck. Japanese American
- Miss Nakayama,Japanese AmericanCis femaleNeighbor. Japanese American. Issei
- Diane,WhiteCis femaleThe neighbor.
- The Officer,WhiteCis maleLooking for Clues.
- The BuzzardsHungry. Prejudice. Parasitic.
- ,Reading,University of Michigan2018
- ,Workshop,John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.2018
- ,Professional,The Hub Theatre2019
- ,Workshop,University of Michigan, EXCEL2018
Hopwood Drama Award
University of Michigan, Hopwoods
Dennis McIntyre Award for Distinction in Playwriting
University of Michigan, Hopwood Awards Program
National Undergraduate Playwright Award