- Chelsea Frandsen:21 Feb. 2020“ I have a huge admiration for anyone who can craft good dark comedies and Walt McGough is now added to my list. This play is beautiful, stark, raw, and real and I applaud this play for tackling current issues like toxic masculinity and cyber harassment with humanity and truth. ”
- Nick Malakhow:20 Dec. 2019“ Wow! What a lovely, nuanced, well-crafted play. McGough has economically chosen a potent set of scenes that, stitched together, both tell this story really well while also doing right by all of his multi-dimensional characters. Katja has a compelling character arc, and her antagonistic relationship with Trent is both painful and truthful. Unsettling realities about toxic masculinity and social oppression of women across digital and analog worlds are paired alongside frequent genuinely hilarious moments that keep this play absorbing and briskly paced. I hope to see a production soon! ”
- Kevin Cirone:10 Aug. 2018“ A really fantastic, expertly crafted piece to read and envision, NPC sheds light on a gender bias in the technology and digital entertainment industries that not enough people are talking about. Gamergate didn't go away and it might even be worse than ever. Every internet troll needs to see and understand this piece. Will they? Probably not. But one can hope. ”
- Katja22,,AnyFemale, Non-binaryAn aspiring game designer.
- Trent22,,WhiteMaleJust a guy.
- Naomi30s,,AnyFemale, Presents Female
- Grant20s,,AnyMaleDeeply non-threatening
- OfficerAdult,,AnyFemale, Presents Female
- Morwyn20s-30s,,AnyFemale, Presents FemaleA video game sorceress
- Feldrick20s-30s,,AnyMale, Presents MaleA video-game barbarian.
- ,Professional,Red Theatre Chicago2019
- ,University,Yale Drama Cabaret2018
- ,Professional,San Francisco Playhouse2018
National Playwrights Conference
Eugene O'Neill Theater Center
Bay Area Playwrights Festival