you do not look
- Jordan Ramirez Puckett:19 Apr. 2018“ A unique look at the intertwining stories of two women who have immigrated to America and two teenage American girls. They should have nothing in common, but their stories show that violence against women and girls knows no borders. A play, beautifully rendered, I would love to see this work developed further. ”
- Gina Femia:27 Apr. 2017“ This is a beautiful, funny, enlightening play about trauma and living. Callan wraps up a story of trauma within a haunting ghost story. ”
- Matt Barbot:24 Apr. 2017“ Had the honor of seeing this play throughout its development - a haunting, beautiful, and often very funny dive into one woman's journey to discovering her purpose. ”
- Gerda20’s,,CzechFemaleGerda - late twenties, from the Czech Republic. A recent immigrant, a hard worker, guilt ridden, a survivor. Uses her work ethic and drive to stay and succeed in America to ignore her PTSD. Constantly running from her own demons, both the ones that follow her and the ones she chooses to carry due to her own guilt.
- CiciEarly teens,,AnyFemaleCici - young teen, any ethnicity, confident and terrified. Understands that her situation is terrible and not normal, but doesn't know that life can be another way.
- Ana20’s,,women who have experienced this are often from Northern Africa or South East Asia.FemaleAna - mid twenties, she hasn't yet become a survivor, but there's still hope. She was human trafficked through the Czech Republic, women who have experienced this are often from Northern Africa or South East Asia.
- AddieLate teen,,AnyFemaleAddie - older teen, anywhere between 14 and 17. Any ethnicity, a latchkey kid, sassy and defensive, sometimes she forgets. Sometime she understands the futility of her own situation and her inability to actually help the people she wants to, and sometimes she still thinks she can actually help the people around her.
- ,Reading,The Bechdel Group2017
- ,Workshop,Columbia University2017
- ,Residency,Denmark Arts Center2017
- ,Workshop,Fresh Ground Pepper2016