Emily Driver's Great Race Through Time and Space
- Hayley Haggerty:10 Feb. 2021“ Such a fantastic funny and smart play that taught me so much, but also had me racing to Google later to learn more. Inclusivity and diversity especially in regards to disability is presented so flawlessly and effortlessly it makes you wonder when anyone else will catch up to Brenner's and Mozgala's standards. ”
- J. Chavez:22 Jan. 2021“ Very well written and joyful story that takes the reader and audience on a historical journey. I learned a lot, I smiled, and I felt empowered. A great read and script to be performed. ”
- Shaun Leisher:9 Aug. 2020“ This is 100% TYA done right and a perfect example of how to make truly accessible theatre. Every youth theatre program around the country needs to program this play!!! ”
- Emily Driver12,,Any / DisabledFemaleA spunky, independent disabled 12 year-old girl. Emily is a huge history buff and the host of a YouTube channel, Emily's Adventures in History. She uses crutches but craves the increased freedom a wheelchair would offer her.
- Teddi Mae Leonard30s,,Any / DisabledtransfeminineEmily's mentor and guide through history. A wheelchair-using firebrand with style, sass, and pizzazz, Teddi famously drove from San Diego to Washington, D.C., in order to demand that the government (Medicaid) cover her healthcare costs.
- Sally Driver40s,,Any / Non-DisabledFemaleEmily's protective, loving and steadfast mother. She has fought for many years to ensure Emily gets everything she needs.
- Hugh30s/40s,,Any / Non-DisabledMaleHugh ("just Hugh") works for the government. He is stubborn, stingy and scared of change or progress.
- Lady J20s,,Any / DisabledFemaleA wheelchair-user and leader of the Disability Rights Movement. She is strong, intelligent and determined.
- Reverend Willy Blake20s/30s,,Any / Non-DisabledMale or Non-BinaryA hippie reverend bent on taking action and advocating for progress in the name of peace, love, and equality.
- ,Residency,La Jolla Playhouse2020
- ,Commission,La Jolla Playhouse and National Disability Theatre2019
- ,Workshop,La Jolla Playhouse2019
- ,Professional,La Jolla Playhouse2020