- Ky Weeks:16 Aug. 2022“ Absolutely stunning. The rich beauty of the language draws us in to the love story, the complexities inherent to the characters' identity and desire, and the devastating ways they perceive each other. The contradictions and modes of thinking required in being genderqueer while existing in a binary society are handled with consideration and wisdom, yet still with a poetic sharpness. Palmer uses a classic to show a profound perspective ”
- Emma Goldman-Sherman:6 Jan. 2021“ The most wonderful play! I'm blown away by Palmer's use of language & her abstractions that work to bring us closer to the piece, to defamiliarize it and make us lean in. I love the story! I identify w/ Theresa in so many ways I feel as if Palmer has put me onstage in a very naked state. She exposes how trapped we are in our histories and learned binary thinking and bodies! The attempts the characters make to free themselves sing to me of possibility and hope! Thank you forever for writing this play! ”
- Mario (Mars) Wolfe:5 Jan. 2021“ THERESA’S BREASTS speaks directly to the spirits of non-binary/gender variant folx. The vivid imagery and accessible metaphors elevate the original source material, Guillaume Apollinaire’s THE BREASTS OF TIRESIAS, and it dissects the Gender Binary in a fantastical fashion (which I live for!). I love Amber’s consistent ability to authentically voice the frustrations, insecurities, and escapist tendencies of queer souls. Amber’s work gives TLGB+ narratives the same attention to detail, importance, and heart as the heteronormative classics in the literary canon and it’s what this queer kid needs. ”
- Theresa20s-40s,genderqueer assigned female at birth, nonbinary assigned female at birth
- NarratorNonbinary, genderqueerThe narrator should be played by someone on the creative team. Recommendations for this role are the director, the stage manager or the artistic director.
- Husband/Spouse20s-40s,genderqueer assigned male at birth, nonbinary assigned male at birth
John Cauble One Act Play Regional Finalist
Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival