- Elana Gartner:2 Apr. 2020“ Portman does an excellent job of world building for the future while demonstrating the very real problems that her characters are struggling with regarding mortality, ethics and relationships. Well-written and engaging! ”
- Chas Belov:29 Apr. 2018“ I saw the Quantum Dragon production and loved it. A delightful and touching look at how aging is treated in society told as speculative fiction with a larger-than-life central character. ”
- Quantum Dragon Theatre:14 Mar. 2018“ We had the great pleasure of producing Ageless as part of our second season, and it was beyond a doubt our most successful play to date. Bridgette encapsulates the best of science-fiction theatre: the play starts with a what-if and pursues the thought experiment to its logical conclusion. The genius of the play, though, is that it tells its intellectually fascinating story through an intensely personal lens: that of a mother/daughter relationship— even though the play spans a period of many decades, it always feels grounded in that core dynamic. Great dialogue, laughs and tears: highly recommend! ”
- MarinAges from 15 to 90,,AnyFemaleA genetic researcher and struggling poet. Dreamy and morbid. Begins the play at age 15 and ends at almost 90. Ages naturally throughout the play.
- OliviaAppears 30s,,AnyFemaleMarin’s mother, also a genetic researcher. Appears early-mid 30s; does not appear to age throughout the play.
- ErrickAppears 20s,,AnyMaleMarin’s boyfriend and later husband. A hydraulic engineer. Begins the play at 15 and appears mid-20s throughout the rest of the play.
- CoralTeens/early 20s,,AnyFemaleDaughter of Marin and Errick.
- Dylan80s,,AnyMaleMarin’s father, 80s. Has aged naturally for most of his life.
- Aged MarinLate 80s,,AnyFemaleMarin in her late 80s. Functions as a narrator.