WONDER OF OUR STAGE
- Ky Weeks:18 Sep. 2020“ A fun, clever insight on science, the arts, and how the two can become intertwined. Uses magic and the imagination to explore Shakespeare while acknowledging the unanswerable mysteries surrounding him, a premise that's astounding and plays out in such a way that it just makes sense. ”
- Daniel Prillaman:16 Jul. 2020“ Shakespeare was so good it's inhuman. No, literally. Shakespeare was a robot. Think about it. Cross, deftly arranging her genre influences into perfect harmony, gifts us with a stupendous, powerful character study that instantly transports us back in time and affixes marvel in our brains. Even though dressed in Elizabethan garb and language (the latter never feeling like the barrier it could so easily be, a testament to Cross's skill), the classic themes of stellar science fiction sing out and loud, and watching young William find his identity is a journey artists and audiences of any background will gleefully devour. ”
- Doug DeVita:4 Jun. 2020“ This work of art fires and succeeds on so many levels my head is still spinning from the magical rush of wonder it gave me. A deeply affecting, wildly inventive spin on the Pygmalion and Galatea myth – positing William Shakespeare was actually an automaton created to become QE1's consort –it captures its Elizabethan era so perfectly the anachronisms become a natural part of the world Cross has created, and while all the characters are brilliantly conceived, I defy anyone not to fall in love with the Automaton: he is the irresistible heart and soul of this play. ”
- Automaton/William Shakespeare25-50,,BritishPresents MaleA wooden Automaton.
- Queen Elizabeth I55-70,,BritishFemale
- John Dee60-80,,BritishMaleAn Alchemist and, maybe, Necromancer.
- Richard Burbage20-45,,BritishMaleThe Leading Actor of the Lord Chamberlain's Men.
- Cuthbert Burbage20-45,,BritishMaleRichard's older brother.
- ,Reading,Players Centre for the Performing Arts, Sarasota2018
- ,Reading,Sarasota Area Playwrights Society2017
- ,Community Theater,Players Centre for the Performing Arts2019
Players New Play Festival
Players Centre for the Performing Arts
John Ringling Towers Individual Artist Grant for Performing Arts
Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County