Good Knight and Goodbye
- Donald E. Baker:10 Apr. 2023“ A delightfully silly tale of impossible quests and misplaced chivalry in the wink-wink, nudge-nudge tradition of Spamalot. Head turning anachronisms and groan-worthy jokes abound, and the whole thing is intended to be presented with a tongue-in-cheek "hey, gang, let's put on a show" attitude and found-object props and set materials. Everyone will have fun with this one--the actors, the production team, and, especially, the audience. They'll have a great night at "Good Knight and Goodbye." ”
- Stephen Byrum:7 Apr. 2023“ Fenton takes Arthurian myth and turns it on its head. An absurdist comedic romp that will keep you laughing with its vibrant characters and quick-witted storytelling in a Monty Python-esque style. At its core, is a conundrum faced by the loyal Sir Galahad, duty to his kingdom or duty to his heart. A great piece for any theatre that's tired of the same options over and over for a quality farce. I had a great time and so will you! ”
- Zacharia Bowen:2 Dec. 2021“ I haven't read very many plays but I have acted in few and this play I absolutely loved. I have always been a big fan of knights and dragons and stories set in times like this story. Knights of the Square Table had heart, laughter, amazing characters and a truly enchanting story and as I read I either grew to love a character like Sir Galahad or hate them like Sir Krause. This play has become one of my favorites and I would love to be in a production it ever was produced. ”
- Sir Galahad26-30,,African American / Black, White, East Asian, Latin American, Indigenous, Asian (South Asian), AnyMale, AnyCaleb Galahad is a legendary, nonetheless kind, knight so used to attending to duty and having others speak for and about him that he hasn't really ever taken stock of what he wants out of life.
- Lady Heron26-30,,African American / Black, White, East Asian, Latin American, Indigenous, Asian (South Asian), AnyFemale, AnyAndrea Heron is an ambitious young woman trapped in a job she hates--she's exceptionally competent and generally optimistic but working for the king and queen as their personal messenger has taken a toll on her.
- Merlin50s,,African American / Black, White, East Asian, Latin American, Indigenous, Asian (South Asian), AnyMale, AnyThe kooky, promiscuous court wizard of Slekochovakia. He lives by the mantra of "Life is short. You have to look out for number one because no one else will. Trust no one, step on everyone in your way, and throw them off a cliff even if they win." He is far more competent and dangerous than his goofy presentation suggests.
- Princess Jacqueline18-25,,African American / Black, White, East Asian, Latin American, Indigenous, Asian (South Asian), AnyFemale, AnyPrincess Jacqueline is described in the stage directions as a "rejected Disney princess archetype." She is the headstrong, beautiful Princess of Slekochovakia who just wants to be wanted.
- King Carlton50s,,African American / Black, White, East Asian, Latin American, Indigenous, Asian (South Asian), AnyMale, AnyThe pompous, somewhat dim king of Slekochovakia who likes to hear himself talk, and most of the time this leads him to make some questionable decisions. Despite this, Carlton is fond of both Sir Galahad and Lady Heron.
- ,University,Wheaton College Sophomore Class2015
- ,High School,Conestoga Valley Middle School2010