The Underpants Godot
- Chris Gacinski:3 Mar. 2020“ Pflaster’s “The Underpants Godot” is a hilarious parody piece that chronicles a sexualized production of Beckett’s magnum opus “Waiting for Godot.” Although it is implied that the play is about Beckett’s famous work, Pflaster has written it in such a way that one does not need knowledge of the work to enjoy this piece. I’d love to see this staged, it’s sure to be a fun experience for actor and audience alike! ”
- Mark Loewenstern:3 Feb. 2020“ This is a smart, fun, and provocative show, which both deeply honors and hilariously spoofs Beckett. It's also a wickedly blunt love letter to the theater and to comedy in general, telling some hard truths that you may not hear anywhere else. I've seen this show more than once and would see it again. It's had quite a few productions and deserves many more. ”
- Adam Bertocci:28 Mar. 2019“ A delight for anyone who’s seen a million Shakespeares and is perpetually chasing that sweet spot between honoring the classic expectations and delving into new revelations… or, failing that, anyone who derives intense joy from an argument, whether one’s invoking the biggest, weightiest themes or the smallest technicalities. I admit that the title and the (seeming) gimmick is what got me to look into this piece, but it’s the ideas that kept me reading. ”
- Doug Albert30s-50s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleA director, putting on an avant-garde production of "Waiting for Godot", in which the characters are hot young men in their underwear.
- Tara Gondleman30s-40s,,Any race / ethnicityFemaleRepresentative of the Beckett Estate. Severe and frightening, but not without a fun side.
- Tim O'Farrell20s-30s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleAn actor, playing Vladimir in Waiting for Godot. Too young and good-looking for the role, really.
- Mark Ransom20s-30s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleAn actor, playing Estragon in Waiting for Godot. Too young and good-looking for the role, also.
- Kevin Cooker20s-30s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleA long-suffering actor, playing Lucky in Waiting for Godot. Barely speaks.
- Biff Shower20s-30s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleAn annoying frat-guy kinda actor, playing Pozzo in Waiting for Godot. Probably unncessarily sexy.
- JennaAny Age,,Any raceFemaleA stage manager running tech for the production (may just be an offstage voice shouting from the tech booth)
- ,Professional,Theatre Rhinoceros2019
- ,Professional,The Secret Theatre2018
- ,Professional,Nearly Naked Theatre, Phoenix, AZ2018
- ,Professional,The Secret Theatre2016
- ,Professional,Secret Theatre UNFringed Festival - Winner, Best Play2015
NYIT Award Nominations, Outstanding Play and Outstanding Supporting Actor
New York Innovative Theatre Awards
The Secret Theatre