The Underpants Godot
- Kevin King:2 Mar. 2021“ This play is fast-paced, fun, smart, and goofily sexy (if that's a thing). It's a fun commentary on what it takes to keep older works fresh, how sex sells, and just how far directors should go to interpret works. This play also gives some great peeks into the rehearsal process. I also love that there are characters who are just casually gay. They're very lived in. ”
- Chris Gacinski:3 Mar. 2020“ Pflaster’s “The Underpants Godot” is a hilarious parody piece that chronicles a sexualized production of Beckett’s magnum opus “Waiting for Godot.” Although it is implied that the play is about Beckett’s famous work, Pflaster has written it in such a way that one does not need knowledge of the work to enjoy this piece. I’d love to see this staged, it’s sure to be a fun experience for actor and audience alike! ”
- Mark Loewenstern:3 Feb. 2020“ This is a smart, fun, and provocative show, which both deeply honors and hilariously spoofs Beckett. It's also a wickedly blunt love letter to the theater and to comedy in general, telling some hard truths that you may not hear anywhere else. I've seen this show more than once and would see it again. It's had quite a few productions and deserves many more. ”
- Doug Albert30s-50s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleA director, putting on an avant-garde production of "Waiting for Godot", in which the characters are hot young men in their underwear.
- Tara Gondleman30s-40s,,Any race / ethnicityFemaleRepresentative of the Beckett Estate. Severe and frightening, but not without a fun side.
- Tim O'Farrell20s-30s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleAn actor, playing Vladimir in Waiting for Godot. Too young and good-looking for the role, really.
- Mark Ransom20s-30s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleAn actor, playing Estragon in Waiting for Godot. Too young and good-looking for the role, also.
- Kevin Cooker20s-30s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleA long-suffering actor, playing Lucky in Waiting for Godot. Barely speaks.
- Biff Shower20s-30s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleAn annoying frat-guy kinda actor, playing Pozzo in Waiting for Godot. Probably unncessarily sexy.
- JennaAny Age,,Any raceFemaleA stage manager running tech for the production (may just be an offstage voice shouting from the tech booth)
- ,Professional,Theatre Rhinoceros2019
- ,Professional,The Secret Theatre2018
- ,Professional,Nearly Naked Theatre, Phoenix, AZ2018
- ,Professional,The Secret Theatre2016
- ,Professional,Secret Theatre UNFringed Festival - Winner, Best Play2015
NYIT Award Nominations, Outstanding Play and Outstanding Supporting Actor
New York Innovative Theatre Awards
The Secret Theatre