alex getting better
- Debbie Lamedman:22 Apr. 2021“ I love how this story unravels; how it is told through different perspectives, but ultimately comes back around to Alex. As we take the journey with Alex from start to finish, we get to know her and feel her need to question her friends about the "something" that happened when they were all in middle school. Lang incorporates a type of poetry in introducing us to Alex's friends and letting us hear her inner thoughts. It's a well-told tale, told beautifully, and shows us how subjective memories can be. Wonderful work! ”
- Nick Malakhow:14 Apr. 2021“ What a wonderful, tightly-written piece that explores the multi-pronged impacts of trauma that reverberate throughout one's life and relationships. I loved the framing of the piece with Alex's conversations with her therapist and the personal, theatrical monologues that punctuate her visits with each friend--the "what's going on inside/outside" dichotomy loads the scenes with weight and heft. Most importantly, Audrey illustrates just how different responses to a similar trauma can be and validates each and every response for all characters, which is helpful both for Alex's journey and for steering conversations about trauma towards healing and progress. ”
- Ross Tedford Kendall:3 Feb. 2021“ Many plays would take the plotted route, to show "what happened." This play goes for the feeling and emotion, showing the true devastation and healing that takes place in the aftermath of assault. The play is fair to every character, making it a complicated situation with no easy answers. A very admirable play. ”
- Alex19,,AnyFemale-identifying19, female-identifying, any ethnicity, anxious and confused but trying to figure things out.
- Jennie19,,AnyFemale-identifying19, female-identifying, any ethnicity, one of Alex's close friends from middle school, she has EVERYTHING together and she is OKAY.
- Ruthie19,,AnyFemale-identifying19, female-identifying, any ethnicity, Alex's best friend, she's not sure where she is or where she's going.
- Hallie19,,AnyFemale-identifying19, female-identifying, any ethnicity, one of Alex's close friends from middle school, she is ACTUALLY okay.
- JordanEarly 30s,,AnyFemale-identifyingEarly 30s, female-identifying, any ethnicity, Alex's therapist.
- ,Fringe,Theatre Zima (UK PREMIERE)2022
- ,High School,Cherry Creek High School2022
- , ,High School2021
- ,Fringe,The Garden of Voices Podcast2021
- ,Community Theater,MD Virtual Ensemble2021
- , ,High School2021
- , ,University2020
- ,Workshop,Ithaca College (dir. Carin Jennie Estey)2018
Best Streaming Play