The Other Side of Life
- Steven G. Martin:27 Aug. 2018“ There are rules about life, rules about love and -- as Lewis writes in this full-length play -- rules about death. But this is no didactic play, not with Lewis' imagination and verse. The rules and worlds he creates show us the value of love and life, and that death can be more than what we expect. ”
- Lucas Denory (Dead, principle)Died at 18,,AnyCis ManDied at the age of 18 and has been dead for 12 years. He died in a car accident. His conceptions of love have not changed in the last 12 years, and he has had no closure.
- Sir Reginald Heath (Dead)Died at 52,,White, (British/English)Cis ManAn English lord. He died at the age of 52, and he's been dead for 425 years. He was a womanizer and a man of his time, though the years have mellowed him. When he met TEHANI, his whole perception of love changed. They've been together approximately 200 years.
- Tehani (Dead)died at 16,,Pacific Islander/Asian IslanderCis WomanAn island girl who died at the age of 16 and has been dead for 2000+ years. She is the last of her island tribe, and she had grown distant and lonely until she met REGINALD.
- Erica Kearny (Dead)Died at 30,,AnyCis WomanHas just died at the age of 30. She has no belief in any kind of afterlife until she meets DEATH.
- Francesca de Leon (principle)22,,AnyCis WomanIs a Medium and AGNUS' apprentice. She is 22 years old, and fully embraces life as a Medium. FRANCESCA has some ability in divination.
- Agnus BelhurstLate 50's-60's,,Any (but probably white)Cis WomanLikewise a Medium, AGNUS is in her late 50's to mid 60's. Once a devoted Christian, her brush with DEATH changed her whole view of the afterlife. She is devoted now to bringing peace to those who need it. AGNUS is married to WALTER, though their marriage is rocky. She's a recovered Alcoholic
- Mandy Denory40's-50's,,AnyCis WomanLUCAS’ mother, a woman of faith who's beliefs have been fading since the death of LUCAS 12 years ago. She's been searching for answers through different religions and avenues until she finally ends up at The Fool and the Hierophant.
- Walter BelhurstLate 50's-60's,,Any (but probably white)Cis ManAGNUS’ husband, is a devoted Christian, at least to some of the basic principles, if not their actual practice. He's been cheating on AGNUS for a while, and has had divorce papers drawn up, though he has not given them to her yet. He's very unhappy with the direction AGNUS has taken her life. He is also a recovering alcoholic. He works in sales.
- DeathAny,,AnyAnyThe land of Death is one of communal manifestation, and DEATH has been manifested out of fear Man holds for dying, and by the Dead in their memory of them. They are self-aware and bitter, for even as they are self-aware, They do not have free choice. They and their office are inseparable so long as people manifest them.
- SecretaryAny,,AnyAnyOne of the few actions DEATH has made for itself was its SECRETARY. The SECRETARY is a manifestation of DEATH'S own subconscious, but not sentient itself.
- BethAny, but younger than the Belhursts,,AnyCis WomanSeen only briefly in a scene with WALTER. She is WALTER's mistress, and they know each other through AA.