- Vince Gatton:21 May. 2021“ A sequel to Twelfth Night that's a charming, funny, and thoughtful winner. Refreshingly modern in its notions of gender and sexuality while staying fully grounded in the world of the original, Pflaster gives us a respectful and respectable pastiche of Shakespeare (including some delicious wordplay) that's fun and funny without devolving into spoof or parody. (There's a "Good Knight" bit that heads into "Who's on First" territory in a great way.) Made with (and about) love and care, Malvolio's Revenge sees 12th Night's happy ending, and gets it, sure, but...has a few questions. ”
- Chris Rivera:18 Mar. 2021“ A great sequel to 12th Night that addresses all those questionable endings. Was it really happily ever after? Pflaster delivers on Shakespeare's promise of Malvolio's Revenge. So many great roles for actors, and fantastic characterization that captures the true spirit of the original. Purposeful and poignant, this sequel is not fluffy fan fiction, it's (in our times) necessary examination. ”
- Doug DeVita:14 Nov. 2020“ How wonderful! Duncan Pflaster has provided a sequel to Shakespeare's TWELFTH NIGHT that is so smooth a continuation one thinks he was not only inspired by, but guided by the hand of old Will himself. (Pflaster's mastery of Shakespearian language is enviable.) Read this if you want to have a gay old time seeing what (might have) happened to all those wacky gender-benders on Illyria. Or just read it, period! Better yet, produce it. Cakes and Ale for everyone! ”
- Viola23,FemaleOrsino’s betrothed, disguised as a boy named Cesario.
- Sir Toby Belch40s-50s,MaleOlivia’s uncle. Semi-Married to Maria.
- Sir Andrew Aguecheek30s,MaleA foolish knight, in love with Olivia.
- Sebastian23,MaleViola’s identical twin brother. Semi-married to Olivia.
- Olivia30s,FemaleA countess. In love with and semi-married to Sebastian.
- Malvolio40s-50s,MaleChief Steward for the Lady Olivia.
- Lady Maria30s-40s,FemaleAn ex-serving wench, now semi-married to Sir Toby.
- Fabian30s-40s,MaleA gentleman and friend of Sir Toby’s and Olivia’s.
- Duke Orsino30s,,Any race / ethnicityMaleA lord.
- Clown40s-50s,MaleFeste, The Lady Olivia’s fool.
- Cesario(assigned male at birth - plot relevant)M, A musician and attendant on Duke Orsino. Also plays REPERTA, F, a Mysterious Lady.
- Antonio30s,MaleA pirate, in love with Sebastian.
- ,Reading,Turn to Flesh Productions2019