- Shaun Leisher:15 Jun. 2020“ This play tells such a specific story but Lang still is able to make it so relatable. Also, I love how Lang allows the queer couple in the play to just be and not have their queerness be something to overcome. Liked spending time with these marvelously flawed characters. ”
- Rachael Powles:16 May. 2020“ Lang curates intensely realistic situations in her writing. Amid her poignant observations and metaphors, she does not lose the beauty of everyday language, from debates over who gets the extra tomatoes from the salad, to who’s responsible for getting rid of the rats in the office to the decadence of pre-dinner ice cream. Rye Bread reminds you that real life is just as complex as the fantastical, a stark reminder in these uncertain times. (read my full review on buzzsawmag.org on May 20th!) ”
- Ryan Michael Dunn:2 Apr. 2020“ I had the pleasure of watching a virtual staged reading of "Rye Bread" this evening performed by a cast and director from Ithaca College. Audrey Lang explores the intersecting identities of Rye, a young woman exploring her relationship with Judiasm, with her moms, and even with a (possibly imagined?) famous tennis player. Take a few moments to step inside the shoes of Rye in "Rye Bread." ”
- Rye18,,Any race / ethnicity, JewishFemale or Non-binary18, female or nonbinary. Kind of a brat but also almost always right, basically just trying to understand why everyone is the way they are. Jewish.
- Tessa30,,Any race / ethnicityFemale-identifying30, female, Rye's cousin. Not a nice person when she has power, which is basically for the entire play.
- Dan18,,Any race / ethnicity, JewishMale Identifying18, male, Rye's fellow intern. A nice Jewish boy who doesn't understand sarcasm and is not actually that nice. Sensitive. Jewish.
- Dr. Kate50s,,Any race / ethnicityFemale-identifying50s, female, one of Rye's moms. She has high expectations and she's generally the academic and more uptight one in the family.
- Rachel50s,,Any race / ethnicity, JewishFemale-identifying50s, female, one of Rye's moms. More ready to meet situations where they are--which is not to say she's not intelligent, because she is. Just different. Jewish.
- Nick Kyrgios24,,Australian, of Greek and Malay descentMale Identifying24, male, 6'4" so pretty tall. Literally the tennis player. Australian, of Greek and Malay descent. Has a raging temper. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F09LYvJ2cXE
- ,Reading,Sunday Salon @ Green Gables, Ithaca NY2019
- ,University,Theatrists Theatrics, Ithaca College (Zoom reading - COVID-19 cancellation)2020
Women Are Funny Prize