- Lou Baron:20 May. 2021“ I was lucky enough to watch a reading of Rye Bread this Spring, and it was absolutely delightful! The characters are colorfully drawn and unique, worming their way into my hearts immediately (which especially impressive considering one of them is a real tennis player with anger management issues!). As a young Jewish woman, I felt Rye's reflections on her relationship to Judaism to be fresh and very real. Hilarious and emotional, definitely give this play a read! ”
- Shaun Leisher:15 Jun. 2020“ This play tells such a specific story but Lang still is able to make it so relatable. Also, I love how Lang allows the queer couple in the play to just be and not have their queerness be something to overcome. Liked spending time with these marvelously flawed characters. ”
- Rachael Powles:16 May. 2020“ Lang curates intensely realistic situations in her writing. Amid her poignant observations and metaphors, she does not lose the beauty of everyday language, from debates over who gets the extra tomatoes from the salad, to who’s responsible for getting rid of the rats in the office to the decadence of pre-dinner ice cream. Rye Bread reminds you that real life is just as complex as the fantastical, a stark reminder in these uncertain times. (read my full review on buzzsawmag.org on May 20th!) ”
- Rye18,,Any, half JewishFemale or Non-binary18, female or nonbinary, half Jewish. Smart and rebellious, and not sure where to put the energy of both of those traits. Went to Bronx Science.
- Tessa30,,Any, Not JewishFemale-identifying30, female, not Jewish, Rye's cousin on Dr. Kate's side, a junior accountant living up to expectations a whole lot better than Rye so far.
- Rachel40s-50s,,Any, JewishFemale-identifying40s-50s, female, Jewish, one of Rye's moms - "Ima," the Hebrew word for "mom." A Reform rabbi. She's more ready to meet a situation where it is, instead of where she'd like it to be.
- Nick Kyrgios25, Array,Male-identifying25, male, 6'4" so pretty tall. Australian, of Greek and Malaysian descent. A tennis player known for his temper, with a lot more to him than what people talk about.
- Dr. Kate40s-50s,,Any, Not JewishFemale-identifying40s-50s, female, not Jewish, one of Rye's moms - "Mom." A psychologist. She's proud of her own accomplishments and has high expectations for her child.
- Dan18,,Any, JewishMale-identifying18, male, Jewish, Rye's fellow intern, a nice Jewish boy who isn't really that nice. Went to Stuyvesant.
- ,Workshop,Ithaca College Hillel, dir. Britt Berke2021
- ,Reading,Sunday Salon @ Green Gables, Ithaca NY2019
- ,University,Theatrists Theatrics, Ithaca College (Zoom reading - COVID-19 cancellation)2020
Women Are Funny Prize