As I Was, Not As I Am
- Alison Kozar:23 Mar. 2022“ This is such a sweet play filled with love, it's really a joy to read and all the characters feel like people you've known your whole life. It's comforting right up until the end where it rips your heart out, still beating. ”
- Maggie Brennan:1 Aug. 2021“ Alice has a way of writing grounded, unique, goofy, and intense characters that is exciting on so many levels! This play is an absolute gut punch. Actors will have a great time pulling the text apart and audiences will be on their toes trying to put all the pieces together. I cried at the end. I can't wait to see where this play goes. ”
- Meredith Bartmon:20 Aug. 2020“ It’s remarkable how developed August’s playwright voice is in relation to their journey. This mature instinct for how to tell stories mixed with youthful ‘fuck-it’ energy is exciting. The characters are relatable, especially the ‘antagonist’ - which feels honest. The play confronts how healthy young people deal with sickness and frailty when hit head-on by the reality of death. The final scenes of the play are so beautiful in their precision of character – Zarya flees, Melissa attacks, and steady Jeanine tries to hold on. While you’re here, I also highly recommend you read Acute Exposure. ”
- LaurelMid 20s,,AnyFemale / Female Identifying / Gender NonbinarySweet. Full of life, until it starts leaking out.
- JeanineEarly-mid 20s,,AnyFemale / Female Identifying / Gender NonbinaryStone butch. The non-believer. Stuck.
- ZaryaEarly-mid 20s,,AnyFemale / Female Identifying / Gender NonbinaryFemme. Right hand woman. Logical. Desperate.
- MelissaEarly-mid 20s,,AnyFemale / Female Identifying / Gender NonbinarySuave. Magnetic. It ain’t over til the fat lady sings.
- ,Workshop,Moxie Arts2023
- ,Reading,The Queens Theater2022
- ,Reading,Mad Cow Theatre2020
- ,Workshop,Elephant Room Productions2020
- ,Workshop,Moxie Arts NY / WP Theater2023
- ,Community Theater,Temple Theatre Sidestage2021
- ,Community Theater,Elephant Room Productions2020
Princess Grace Playwriting Fellowship
Women's Voices Festival
Mad Cow Theatre