I and You
- Jan Rosenberg:13 Sep. 2021“ I was going full speed with this play, and the ending hit me right in the face. Beautifully and brilliantly crafted. ”
- Steven G. Martin:4 Jan. 2021“ This full-length play is a coming-of-age tale told on an imaginative scale I've never experienced before.
I originally read Lauren Gunderson's "I and You" in American Theatre magazine. Absolutely everything works, starting with Gunderson's characters, the almost entirely opposite Anthony and Caroline. Their personal histories more than address their current-day choices, they form the very basis of the story itself.
Yes, enjoy the surprise ending, but audiences and readers will enjoy the trip to that destination as much as the destination itself. A brilliant play. ”
- Len Cuthbert:8 Apr. 2020“ Loved this play so much, I bought the script from Playscripts and added it to my select collection. I most often produce my own work but next time I do another writer's work, I'd love to do this.
Love the genre and style. Awkward relationships with a stunning and unexpected ending. ”
- ,Workshop,South Coast Rep, Pacific Playwrights Festival2013
- ,Workshop,Magic Theatre2013
- ,Commission,South Coast Rep2012
- ,Professional,Olney Theatre2014
- ,Professional,Phoenix Theatre2014
- ,Professional,Geva Theatre2014
- ,Professional,Marin Theatre Company2013