- Marie Selavy:5 Jul. 2018“ A brilliant exploration of myth and relationships ”
- Freddy Edelhart:5 Jul. 2018“ I was lucky enough to see a workshop production of this play last year and it was one of my favorite shows of 2017! The magic Azure is able to write onto the stage is so mythic and beautiful and rare, and I think is on special display with this one. Read and produce this play! ”
- Jax Jackson:19 Jun. 2018“ Glass is a beautifully written play that could just as easily be staged intimately and with a graphic realism as it could soar into immense fantastical realms saturated in magic. It is versatile and heartfelt, touching on themes of standing up to powers beyond our control, the lengths we go to in order to protect our families and loved ones, and how we care for each other as we shift and change and grow. ”
- VITAAgeless,,African AmericanCisgender Female(she/her), the Demigod of Life. Moving like dew in the morning, she speaks through the bodies of others, turning them into human puppets. Vita has a generally sunny disposition as well as an iron will.
- MORTAgeless,,African AmericanCisgender Male(he/him), the Demigod of Death. Moving like smoke made flesh, he speaks through the radio, the old-timier, the better.
- NARRATORAgeless,,African AmericanAny(they/them), a Black storyteller of unspecified gender. Ageless. Always there leading the way and sometimes shows in the most unlikely places.
- SPIDERAgeless,,African AmericanMale(he/him), a Black man (most of the time). A trickster, a politician, a weaver of tales. Likes to wear greys and whites. He owns a café/bar and always seems to get himself into sticky situations.
- FOXAgeless,,African AmericanMale(he/him), sometimes cunning, sometimes cowardly, Fox is prone to disappearing. He is Lover's main squeeze and, later, ex. He likes to wear russet & rust.
- LOVERAgeless,,African Americantrans female, trans femme, transfeminine, genderqueer(she/her), Spider transformed. She's got a man but feels no need to let a relationship keep her from reaching her goals. She's sly and fly. Likely also wears greys and whites.
- DEERAgeless,,African AmericanFemale(she/her) Sometimes flighty, can be a little mean when it suits her. Wears soft tans & creams.
- RABBITAgeless,,African AmericanFemale(she/her), A homemaker with an enormous brood. Dresses in white and pale pinks with splashes of brilliant red.
- TURTLEFormerly ageless,,African AmericanMaleA long-missing friend of Fox's. He's the quiet and fiercely loyal type. Wears greens and greys if he has his druthers.
- WOMANAny,,AnyFemale(she/her), has a blind date at Spider's cafe.
- ANOTHER WOMANAny,,AnyFemale(she/her), a mother who has recently received quite a fright.
- NEWSMANAny,,AnyMale(he/him), your workaday radio man.
- MAN MAN30s-50s,,African AmericanMaleA talkative barfly, an annoying younger-cousin-all-grown-up type.
- EARLY MAY30s-50s,,BlackMaleA gruff man approaching middle age. Carolina May’s husband.
- CAROLINA MAY30s-50s,,BlackFemaleA woman with little thirst for life, She is approaching middle age. Early May’s wife.
- PEACHES30s-50s,,African AmericanFemale(she/her), Carolina May’s closest friend. Has been known to be a bit of a frenemy and a known gossip at times.
- ,Reading,The Fire This Time Festival2016