- David Hansen:11 Apr. 2020“ WIth this script, Gwynn celebrates passion; passion for books, passion for reading, passion for writing, and passion for passion. She has created a lively little abbey, peopled with charming characters, each seeking their own garden of earthly delights. If only the world were more like this Benedictine cloister. It is a captivating play, one which I would love to see produced. Highly recommended! ”
- AALIS16,,Any race/ethnic identityCis WomanAn oblate given to the monastery who has had visions since she was a child. She/hers.
- ADAM16,,Any race/ethnic identityTrans mana monk who has just joined the monastery. He/His. Must be played by a trans man/trans-masculine actor.
- PHILOMENA40s-50s,,Any race/ethnic identityCis WomanA widowed wealthy woman of nobility, who is a benefactor to the monastery. She/hers.
- SERAFINO30s-40s,,Any race/ethnic identityCis Mana monk and transcriber in the scriptorium. He/His. Must be played by a Black or Middle Eastern actor.
- WILMOTT30s-40s,,Any race/ethnic identityCis Mana monk and illuminator in the scriptorium. He/His.
- FREDERIC40s-50s,,WhiteCis Manthe Abbott of the Monastery. He/His.