Bloom Bloom Pow
- Jan Rosenberg:17 May. 2020“ I am never going to look at the Hudson River the same way again...the dead horse at the bottom of the ocean is the most frightening and metal thing I've ever heard. I love that this will be played by mostly non-cis actors and that it centers on a non-binary person. And the dialogue between the museum employees killed me. Great work! ”
- Jordan Elizabeth Henry:8 Mar. 2020“ Wow, wow, wow. This play blew me away. A delight to read, I can only imagine what it would be like to experience BLOOM BLOOM POW as a full production. If you're looking to produce something experimental that delves deeply into our changing, decaying world, this play is for you. If you're looking to read something that will challenge and inspire you, this play is for you, too. ”
- Paul Michael Thomson:24 Feb. 2020“ In this psychedelic meditation on isolation, intimacy, environmentalism, and the breast stroke, Simon weaves and unravels a beautiful character study in an increasingly ugly world. The dialogue is sharp, the imagery is visceral, and, in the center of it all, Mag stands charming, infuriating, and very, very scared. I, for one, would love to see a workshop production of this piping-hot new play. ”
- Mag24,,Any raceNon-binary, they/themtrying as hard as possible to be "fine"
impulsive, deeply private, quietly charming, at times deadpan, losing their grip on what is real
- Alice30s,,Any but preferably POCShe/herjust moved here temporarily for work, a queer woman Mag likes, finds the beauty in life, might want something more than "casual"
- A Dead Horse at the Bottom of the East River in New York City, circa 1832a know-it-all, quite charming, revels in filth
- Mom50-65,,Any raceShe/herMag's mom, concerned with safety, stuck in a loop
- The Creatureelegant and trustworthy, carries a warning for Mag, a shapeshifting vision, quite grounded
(also plays a Barista and a Gynecologist)
This character can be played by an actor of any race, however it cannot be the ONLY character played by a POC-presenting actor.
- Dad50-65,,Any racehe/himMag's dad, grateful for sunny days
- ,Residency,Arts on Site2021
- ,Reading,The Tank2020
- ,Workshop,corkscrew 4.02020