AZTEC PIRATES & THE INEQUITY OF SACRIFICE
- Cheryl Bear:2 Apr. 2021“ A riveting journey that keeps us hooked as these characters struggle to make choices that will forever affect them and those around them. Well done. ”
- Nilsa Reyna:1 Feb. 2021“ I love this trilogy and I believe the third play isn't even written yet! The characters are caught between physical, spiritual, and moral borders propelling them to struggle with injustice and atonement. The stakes are high and their choices will affect generations to come. ”
- Franky Gonzalez:11 May. 2020“ David Davila creates a wondrous exploration of Latinx identity from the perspectives of class, immigration, sides of the law enforcement equation, religion, spirituality, mental health, language, gender, and, yes, even fertility. To say that AZTEC PIRATES & THE INEQUITY OF SACRIFICE is sweeping and large as the history of Latinx people in the United States of America is an understatement. A marvel of a play that continues to give with each new scene and each new read. A truly breathtaking piece. ”
- Elida MontenegroThirties,,HispanicFemaleJohnny's wife, Hispanic. Wants more out of life, or at least wants everyone to think she has everything she wants in life.
- Carmen FernandezThirties,,Aztec-AmericanFemaleAztec-American, married to Beto, but nobody's wife! Extremely woke.
- Michelle SalinasTwenties/Thirties,,LatinaFemaleSalvador's wife, a waitress, wants to be a soccer mom.
- Beto FernandezThirties,,Mexican-AmericanMaleICE Officer, Johnny's partner, Mexican-American, a joker, a prankster, the life of the party.
- Homer ResendezThirties/Forties,,LatinoMaleA very good looking, Latino surgeon, thirties or forties. (Also plays Pulido, & Ice Agent A)
- Xochitl "Samantha" RojasEarly Twenties,,Indigenous LatinaFemaleA young immigrant woman from El Salvador, indigenous (also plays Irma)
- Sister MollyForties/Fifties,,LatinaFemaleA middle-aged Latina nun who runs the Catholic Charities Respite Center. The kind of woman who gets things done. (Also plays Terre, Judge, Ice Agent 2, and Woman in Detainment)
- Johnny MontenegroThirties,,LatinoMaleImmigration & Customs Enforcement Officer, Latino. (Also plays Alfonso, Aztec Warrior & Waiter)
- AlejandroThirties,,LatinoMaleA gay latino man, 30's, who has lost something. (Also plays Johnny etc.)
- Capt. PulidoThirties/Forties,,LatinoMaleA forceful man. Latino, forties. (Also plays Homer & Ice Agent A)
- TerreForties/Fifties,,LatinaFemaleA Mexican-American woman trying to live her best life. (Also plays Sister Molly, Judge, Ice Agent B, and Woman in Detainment)
- IrmaTwenties,,LatinaFemaleA civil rights lawyer, Latina. (Also plays Xochitl)