- Cheryl Bear:13 Mar. 2021“ A moving and beautifully portrayed love story during a time when there's a world pulling them together and apart simultaneously. Excellent. ”
- Barbara Blumenthal-Ehrlich:20 Aug. 2020“ A poignant and beautifully-crafted story of love's discovery in a time before language helped women navigate the new and surprising revelations about lesbian relationships. The irrepressable romance between Charlotte and Vivian in the Civil War era unfolds in real time with exquisite and passionate moments of self discovery. Couldn't put it down. Would love to see it staged! ”
- Emma Goldman-Sherman:16 Aug. 2020“ Before Lesbians is a beautiful play that Gartner crafts with great skill. The characters are blessed with both internal and external conflicts that Gartner teases out line by line so that the characters have to reinvent themselves before our eyes. This transformation is both enchanting, exhilarating and heartbreaking. Read it, produce it, let it live on many stages. And may we all find ways to re-imagine ourselves inspired by this play. ”
- VivianMid 20's,,WhiteFemaleMiddle class. Bookworm.
- CharlotteEarly 20's,,WhiteFemaleUpper Middle Class.
- JamesEarly 20's,,WhiteMaleUpper Middle Class.
- HenryMid 20's,,WhiteMaleMiddle class. Interest in accounting.
- ,Reading,Dayton FutureFest2020
- ,Reading,Good Luck Macbeth2020
- ,Reading,YellowRose Productions2019
- ,Reading,Oberlin College2017
- ,Workshop,EMG Playwriting Workshop and Manhattan Oracles2016
Henley Rose Playwright Competition for Women (2nd Place)
Yellow Rose Productions