- Em Swenson:18 Nov. 2019“ I directed this piece, and it is one of the more brilliant pieces of modern theatre I have come across. Katherine was able to take a classic, and write a continuation that not only honored the form of Shakespeare, but also provided a modern lens. The way she approaches gender in Merely Players, which requires a cast of female and/ or non-binary people playing multiple genders, is refreshing and unique. The play somehow manages to explore every type of love: romantic, friendship, and familial; while also allowing each character to have their own personal journey. ”
- PHEBE20s-30s,,Any race/ethnic identityGender-fluidA shepherdess in the Forest of Arden. Incisive.
- ROSALIND20s-30s,,Any race/ethnic identityCis WomanA lady of the court, cousin of CELIA. Artful.
- CELIA20s-40s,,Any race/ethnic identityCis WomanA lady of the court, cousin to ROSALIND, married to Oliver. Keen.
- ORLANDO20s-30s,,Any race/ethnic identityCis ManA lord, married to ROSALIND. Artless. To be played by the same actor that plays PHEBE.
- SILVIUS20s-30s,,Any race/ethnic identityCis ManA shepherd boy in Arden, married to PHEBE. Hungry. To be played by the same actor that plays ROSALIND.
- JACQUES20s-40s. ,,Any race/ethnic identityNo genderGentlemen of ROSALIND’s father’s court. Shrewd. To be played by the same actor that plays CELIA
- ,Reading,Women and Theatre Program2015
- ,Workshop,Terra Femina Collective2019
- ,University,University of Kansas Theatre Department2015
Jane Chambers Student Playwriting Award
Women and Theatre Program at the Association for Theatre in Higher Education