- Stephanie Alison Walker:5 Aug. 2019“ This play is so important and resonated profoundly with me as a woman. The brilliant structure keeps the audience on the edge of their seat and fully present in each moment. The crisp and real dialogue is so refreshing. Most importantly to me- this play gets at the truth about sexual assault and the experience of being a woman in the world- the fear, the societal conditioning that our bodies are not our own. It does it in a gripping and visceral manner that begs a radical and transformative discussion about consent. ”
- Sharai Bohannon:5 Aug. 2019“ I was lucky enough to attend a reading last week at The Road Theatre and this play is so important! Bublitz manages to start a conversation on rape culture while also shedding light on some of the often overlooked but common symptoms of a society that has normalized rape culture. I also appreciate that the topic is handled with such care while also making certain aspects murky enough so that the audience is left to challenge their own biases. Would LOVE to see this in a season with How I Learned to Drive and scripts of the like. ”
- Chas Belov:24 Jun. 2019“ I normally wouldn't bother to recommend a play that already has 25 recs. This play is so potentially frightening for theatres that I have to speak up and say, yes, it is precisely because this play is so frightening that it is so important, so now, and so necessary. Please, please consider this play. Rape is complicated. Memory is complicated. We still need to fight rape. We need to have this discussion. This play advances the discussion and does so sensitively and boldly. ”
- Lucy18,,AnyFemaleFreshman at UC Berkeley.
- Jared19 or 20,,AnyMaleSophomore at UC Berkeley.
- Bradley18 or 19,,AnyMaleLucy’s high school boyfriend.
- , ,Reading2019
- , ,Reading2018
- ,Reading,Outvisible Theatre Company2018
- ,Reading,Nasty Theatre Company2018
- ,Reading,Z Space2018
- ,Reading,Athena Theatre Company2018
- , ,Reading2017
- ,Reading,Wyoming Theater Festival2016
- , ,Reading2016
- ,Professional,Z Space2019
- ,Professional,Good Company Theatre2019
- ,University,Case Western Reserve University2018
Detroit New Works Festival
Outvisible Theatre Company
In-Progress New Play Reading Series
Award of Excellence in Playwriting
Association for Theatre in Higher Education