- Lisa Sillaway:30 May. 2019“ What appeal to me about this script are two main things (after the solid storyline): the realistic and simple dialogue for these very real characters, and the non-linear nature of the script itself. The organization of the scenes will likely be a challenge for a new director, but I think the script itself is solid enough to ensure it is generally accessible for all theatres. I can see this as a college production or as a community theatre piece and believe it is very timely. Highly recommended. ”
- David Hansen:28 May. 2019“ An important and timely script that haunts the reader/audience member long after the closing image. Bublitz has expertly crafted a #MeToo narrative which robs anyone of the option of rushing too quickly to judgement. Highly recommended not only for production but to foster deep discussion on rape culture, communication, empathy, consent, and culpability. ”
- Kenneth Jones:22 May. 2019“ RIPPED is destined to be one of those “did-you-see-the-same-play-I-did?” experiences as it explores the murky reality of a sexual assault on a college campus. Complex characters with complex emotions and motivations — all of it confused by the consumption of alcohol — make for a rich 90-minute rollercoaster that will likely have audience members of different genders and generations debating and discussing who is culpable, and to what degree. A beautifully calibrated new American play that reflects the sad reality of violence against women in the U.S. Miraculously, this harrowing drama has flecks of quirk, heart and humor. ”
- Lucy18,,AnyFemaleFreshman at UC Berkeley.
- Jared19 or 20,,AnyMaleSophomore at UC Berkeley.
- Bradley18 or 19,,AnyMaleLucy’s high school boyfriend.
Detroit New Works Festival
Outvisible Theatre Company
In-Progress New Play Reading Series
Award of Excellence in Playwriting
Association for Theatre in Higher Education